Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sally Harrison Works

Things I Learned During The Sally Harrison Experience:
To be truthful at first i found this way of painting really frustrating, the brush woludn't let me addd the lines i wanted, it was so thick i couldn't see what i was putting on the paper so i constantly made mistakes. But i learned that not worrying about what i was painting and just looking at very basic shapes, though it made my pictures look bad, it definately helped me get a lot more done and made it easier for me to have fun because i accepted the difference from my normal work styles.
The adding of water to the acrylic paints was really fun, it made it a lot easier to spread the paints and experiment with different colours, as well as helping get the colours blended well before they dried out at least.
It's not a bad thing to step out of your comfort zone every now and then, you can always learn something new and interestin and it isn't hard to get back.

No comments: